Ever since Qatar was severed by the gulf nations, the population of the victim has suffered. Circumstances compelled Qatar to be dependent on Turkey and Iran for domestic supplies.One of the grievances of Saudi Arabia and it’s allies required Qatar to halt connections with Iran.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani discarded the grievances laid by the gulf nations, saying that the demands are impossible to meet, because the accusations contained in them are not true. However Doha is ready to discuss “legitimate issues” with the Gulf coalition.
“We cannot ‘sever links with so-called Islamic State, al-Qaeda and Lebanese Shia militant group Hezbollah’ because no such links exist,” he said in a statement.
“And we cannot ‘expel any members of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard’ because there are none in Qatar.” Said Qatari foreign minister.
The abruptly suspending of diplomatic relations, as they have in the past, but also surprised many by cutting off land, air and sea travel to and from Qatar has created major threats to the well being of her citizens.
Sanctions and expelling of Qatari nationals from four gulf nations have damaged the economy, the education of students in the gulf nations was disrupted. This challenging situation has compelled Qataris to adopt a course of action to pursue legal action against Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain.
A Qatari human rights group is hiring a Swiss law firm to help seek compensation for citizens affected by sanctions imposed by Saudi Arabia and other Arab states, sources familiar with the matter have said.
Lalive, a law firm with offices in Geneva, Zurich and Doha, is finalising an agreement with Qatar’s government-appointed National Human Rights Commission (QNHRC) that will be announced soon, according to reports.
Lalive, which specialises in mass claims, said it will pursue the cases in local and international tribunals. “The sanctions imposed on Qatar go too far and are not in accordance with international law. Ordinary Qatari nationals and companies are not part of the State and cannot be targeted,” Veijo Heiskanen, the lead lawyer on the case, told Al Jazeera.
Tensions continue to accumulate as Qatar struggles to cling to her sovereignty currently under attack by the gulf council. “We are willing to negotiate any legitimate grievances with our neighbours, but we will not compromise our sovereignty.” Speaking in Washington, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani called the “siege” on Qatar “a clear act of aggression” that violated international law.
Qatar’s Defence Minister Khalid bin Mohammad Al Attiyah held talks with his Turkish counterpart Fikri Ishik in Ankara on 30th Friday, according to Turkey’s Anadolu state-run news agency.
The meeting between Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isik and his Qatari counterpart, Khalid bin Mohammed al-Attiyah, will took place in the defence ministry.
Qatar’s ministry of defence announced the arrival of a new group of Turkish armed forces to the military base where Turkey began its training mission last week.
The forces are set to take part in joint exercises within the framework of a defence agreement signed between Doha and Ankara aimed at raising Qatar’s defence capabilities, supporting “counter-terror” efforts, and maintaining security and stability in the region.
To ensure the objective, earlier this month Mr Al Attiyah flew to Washington, where he signed a $12 billion deal to purchase F-15 fighter jets from the US.