Many women think that African natural hair is hard to keep because of it’s thickness and strong nature which compels many to adopt artificial hair for it’s problem are slim and may be to have it look like that of the westerns. Well, whatever reason it may be, natural hair can be kept neat, clean and elegant as well with the right products.
Lookout for the products that contain humectants to keep your hair healthy and good looking. Below are some of the ingredients to look for when buying hair products especially for dry hair.
- Diols and Triols- hexanetriol Butylene Glycol Dipropylene glycol Hexylene Glycol Glycerin Triethylene glycol Erythritol Capryl glycol Phytantriol Hexanediol or -triol beeswax
- Humectants of biological origin-Panthenol Sodium PCA Hyaluronic acid Inositol Glycogen
- Sugars and modified sugars-Sorbitol Polyglyceryl sorbitol Glucose Fructose Xylitol
- Hydrolyzed proteins-Elastin, Collagen Silk Keratin
- Ethers-Isoceteth-x, Isolaureth-x, Laneth-x, Laureth-x, Steareth-x PEG-x (polyethylene glycol)Silicone copolyols
- Vegetable Humectants – aloe vera, vegetable glycerine
- OTHER Humectants– Honey.
other ingredients are coconut, olive and avocado oils because these are deeply penetrating oils that carry moisture and nutrients to the core of the strand.
PRODUCTS TO USE
Popular natural hair care lines that can be found in Kampala are KeraCare (Delight Supplies and Eve and Nicco), ORS Curls Unleashed in some major supermarkets.
Brands by Ugandan naturals -Nissi’s and Nature’s Fusions both found at Equatorial Shopping Arcade, Moisture Well, Livara and the Good Hair Collective. Other popular natural hair brands like Shea Moisture, Tressemme Naturals, Kinky Curly can be bought from individuals on the page.
For natural products like oils and Shea butter look up vendors on the suppliers and services file on the Natural Hair Uganda Facebook page.Most importantly Uganda is blessed with Shea Nilotica which is much softer than the West African Shea. Shea butter is an amazing natural conditioner
After cleaning your hair with shampoo, you could have fun styling your hair to the event at hand or for just a stay home style. One could still look gorgeous. here are some of the hair dos you can try out yourself. Whether its a funky look to spread out your face, loosely woven together or held high. whichever style you choose, let it adorn your face with with elegance and beauty.
APRECIATION TO NATURAL HAIR UGANDA.